I used to make these incredible moist pumpkin chocolate chip muffins before I went gluten free. And, even though I had adapted many other recipes from their gluten-filled original version to gluten free it had never occurred to me to do the same with these until recently.
Oh, I was missing out.
These muffins are so moist, flavorful and delicious. They were always my favorite muffin and they have once again taken that place in my life. I am so glad that I decided to give them a gluten free twist!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 6 Tablespoons Water, Hot
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce (or another 1/2 Pumpkin Puree)
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Heat the water for about thirty seconds and then add the flaxseed meal to it and set it aside for ten minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl measure the rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon (if using), and whisk together.
- In your mixer bowl combine sugar, flax-egg, pumpkin puree, applesauce (if using) and oil. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add the flour to the wet mixture and beat until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and then scoop into wrapper lined muffin tins.
- Makes about 15 full size muffins or 30 or so mini muffins. Bake 15-18 minutes for full size, 10 for mini.
Hope you are all having a great Sunday afternoon!