I have been using black beans in a lot of dessert recipes lately, and these muffins have to be one of the best things that I have made. They are moist, have just the right amount of sweetness, and are packed with chocolate.
Plus, since these have NuNatural's NuStevia Cocoa Syrup in the muffin batter instead of sugar, and black beans in place of flour, they actually aren't too bad for you, making them the perfect breakfast treat.
Don't they look good enough to eat?
And it tasted just as great as the first!
Linking up to Five Friday Finds.
If you want to make these muffins completely sugar free, or vegan, then you can go ahead and skip the chocolate chips. They should have a good chocolate flavor without them, they just won't be as packed with chocolate.
- 9 Tablespoons Water, heated
- 3 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 2 Cups Black Beans, drained
- 2 Tablespoons NuStevia Cocoa Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips, optional
- Heat the nine Tablespoons of water for about 30 seconds in the microwave and add flaxseed meal to it. Set aside 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Combine black beans, NuStevia Cocoa Syrup, oil, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in the bowl of your food possessor. Add flax-eggs to it when ready, and then puree it all until nice and smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop into lined muffin tin and bake for 25 to 28 minutes.
Enjoy! I know I did. :)
Although NuNaturals sent me the products, all of the opinions and the recipe are by me.