This is the best gluten free vanilla cake.
When I found this recipe and tried it out for the first time, I knew that my search was over. There was no reason for me to consider trying another gluten free vanilla cake recipe. Ever.
This. Is. The. One.
This cake is light and fluffy and delicious. You won't even be able to tell that the gluten and eggs are missing.
The Best Gluten Free Vanilla Cake
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 3/4 Cup Hot Water
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Hot Milk
- 1 3/4 Cups White Rice Flour
- 3/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Tapioca Starch
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 3/4 cup water and add in the flaxseed meal. Set aside for about ten minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar for five minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add a bit of the flaxseed mixture at a time, with the mixer on, then add the vanilla and beat until fluffy again.
- Add in half of the dry ingredients and blend. Then add half the wet and blend again. Repeat, and then beat it all together for about two minutes.
- Pour batter into two 9x9 pans and bake for about 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for twenty minutes in the pan before moving to a cooling rack.
Original recipe found here.
This cake is seriously the best gluten free vanilla cake out there. But don't take my word for it... make it and see for yourself!