There has been a lot going on in my life recently. From the release of my first published novel to baking 100+ cupcakes for my sister's wedding, but I am still here! And I have a delicious recipe to share with you today.
Some mornings call for something rich, chocolately and fudgy. All of your cravings will be satisfied with one of these moist, double chocolate muffins.
I made mine with dark cocoa to give them an even richer chocolate flavor.
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1 Flax-Egg (3 Tablespoons Water, 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal)
- 1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder (I used dark)
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 1/3 Cup Applesauce
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Zucchini
- 2/3 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Prepare flax-egg.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine brown rice flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
- In another, combine flax-egg, melted butter, applesauce, milk and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet, stirring until well combined.
- Fold in the zucchini and mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop into a greased muffin tin (makes 12) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.