I have really fallen in love with using my food processor lately. I have made this recipe many times before, but I never fully appreciated the ease of letting the machine do the work for me until now.
It is especially nice with gluten free recipes. Using chickpeas instead of flour also adds to the easiness (not to mention the health) of this recipe, and it is just another reason to love it.
These cookies taste amazing, have a great, soft texture, and are a great way to add some fiber and protein to your diet (still eating in moderation, of course). I have been having fun experimenting with different variations of the recipe, so you can look forward to more posts of chickpea desserts soon!
Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
- 2 cups Chickpeas (or one can)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine drained chickpeas, butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Blend, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Makes about 18 cookies.
Adapted from this recipe.
Give these cookies a try! I am sure that you'll love them just as much as I do!