The first time I made these bars it was a little while after my sisters and I had moved into our apartment together. I mixed them up and we laughed at the huge pan of bars that we ended up with. We ate some and I froze some and we had plenty of bars for a good, long time.
So, now I halved the batch for you. It still makes a 9x13 pan, but with how good these are, you will have them gone in no time! Feel free to double the batch to make the original amount if you want to feed a crowd - of if you're just in the mood for a ton of delicious banana bars. :)
Gluten Free/Egg Free Banana Bars
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt (regular or Greek)
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- 3 Tablespoons Hot Water
- 1 Large Banana (about 1/2 cup mashed)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Potato Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Tapioca Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Heat the 3 Tablespoons of water and add the ground flaxseed to it. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together brown rice flour, starches, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl place sugar, butter, yogurt and egg and stir.
- Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix together.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.
Find the original recipe here.