These whoopie pies are The. Best. Thing. Ever.
They are oh, so soft and chocolate-y and delicious. You have to make them and try them yourself... because I'm not sharing any of mine. ;)
- 1/2 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Rice Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Potato Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Tapioca Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons Water, warmed
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Put two Tablespoons of the butter into a microwave safe bowl and melt.
- In another small bowl microwave the three tablespoons of water for about twenty seconds, then add the flaxseed meal to it and set aside for ten minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice flour, starches, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, salt and brown sugar and mix under just small lumps of the sugar remain.
- Add both butters and mix into the dry ingredients with a fork until crumbly.
- Add the vanilla and flax-egg and mix.
- Add the milk and beat until the batter thickens and becomes elastic.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop out your batter. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet and then completely on cooling rack, and then find pairs and fill with the frosting of your choice.
I'm sure you'll enjoy them as much as my family and I do!