I'm sure you've heard it all before... that nothing gluten free can taste good. That the gluten free diet means that you have to eat heavy, bad-tasting, dry, egg-y or expensive foods. Etc.
People can be very negative when they're talking about gluten free foods. And people can be very skeptical about trying them and making them.
This blog is to prove that there are good gluten free recipes and foods out there. I promise to give you only the best, just the ones that I myself love. Because, in the gluten free world, we need more positive-ity. We need one place we can count on to find good recipes, and only good recipes.
These gluten free black bean brownies were one of the first gluten free recipes that I tried and they are amazing.
Not only are these brownies healthier than the real thing (much healthier), but they taste delicious and are surprisingly fudgy and decadent! I have made them so many times since finding the recipe, and they have turned out great each time.
Here you will find only the best gluten free recipes.
Gluten Free/Vegan Black Bean Brownies
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 6 Tablespoons Water
- 3 Tablespoons Oil of choice
- 1/2 cup white sugar or 2 Tablespoons NuStevia Simple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 - 2 Cups Black Beans (you can cook them yourself, or use a 15 oz can)
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine flaxmeal and water and pulse a couple of times. Let the mixture sit a few minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend a few minutes, until smooth, scrapping down sides as needed.
- Pour into a greased muffin tin (makes 12) or a 9" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Recipe found at my sister's blog, here, and the original recipe can be found here.