These gluten free muffins are moist and packed with mini chocolate chips. They are perfect for eating in the morning or snacking on at any time of the day.
I have a slight obsession with muffins, and to me, these are everything that a muffin should be. Go ahead and make them, and I'm sure you will love them, too.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 Flax-Egg (3 Tablespoons Water, 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal)
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Prepare flax-egg (directions on side of blog.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in mini chocolate chips (saving some for the tops, if desired.)
- In a medium bowl, stir together flax-egg, melted and cooled butter, sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry slowly, being careful not to over-mix. Fold in just until combined.
- Scoop into a greased muffin pan (makes 6 or 7) and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.