Sprinkles make everything more fun! These pinwheel cookies are gluten free, and they can be made whatever color you choose to make your holiday a little bit more festive!
These cookies are super soft, and they are much simpler to make than you might think by looking at them. They are fun and colorful, and they would make a great Christmas gift!
Gluten Free Pinwheel Cookies
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 1 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca Starch
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Food coloring
- Heat water for about 20 seconds in the microwave and add the flaxseed meal to it. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, add the rice flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add the butter and sugar. Beat for 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla and flax-egg.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Divide dough in half and color each as you choose.
- Roll each half between two pieces of parchment paper until they make a 9x6 inch rectangle. Trim edges. Keep the dough in the paper and place on a baking sheet, and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Take the top piece of parchment off of each layer, and wet the dough slightly. Put one layer on top of the other, and then roll them up together.
- Roll the log in sprinkles, if desired. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes or longer.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Slice cookies so that they are about 1/4 inch thick. Place them on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Linking up to Allergy Free Thursdays.