If you are a big fan of peanut butter cups, but you can't have peanut butter, then you should definitely make these treats this Christmas!
They are creamy, "peanut buttery" and delicious... but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Homemade "Peanut Butter" Cups
- 1/2 Cup Soy Butter (I used WOWBUTTER)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Line 24 holes of a mini muffin tin with paper wrappers.
- Melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips and put a bit in each of the holes, using your fingers (wash hands first) to spread the chocolate over the bottom and halfway up the sides. Stick pan into the fridge when done.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the soy butter, cutter and powdered sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Once chocolate is cooled, add a bit of the soy butter mixture to each hole, dividing it evenly between them.
- Melt the remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips and spread over the top of each. Refrigerate until firm.
- Remove and take wrappers off of each of them. Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator.
What kind of treats are you making this Christmas season?