What's more perfect for this time of year than a snowball cookie?
A double chocolate center with a thick coating of powdered sugar on the outside... does it get better than that?
We haven't had much snow yet this year here in Wisconsin (which I'm very happy about) so these snowballs will have to substitute for the real thing. My nieces loved them. I'm sure you and your family will, too!
Have you started with your Christmas baking yet? If not, or if you are looking for a few more recipes to try, then head on over to my Gluten Free Christmas Treat link up. There are plenty of great recipes there, already, and I would love it if you would add some of your own!
Now for the recipe...
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Snowball Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1/4 Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, measure the white rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum and salt. Whisk together.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine the butter, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper, and taking a Tablespoon of the dough at a time, form into balls. Place on the sheets and bake for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes, until not too hot to pick up.
- Pour the extra powdered sugar into a bowl and roll each cookie in it. Once they have cooled completely you can go back and roll them again, if desired.
How much Christmas shopping do you have done? I'm happy to say that I'm finished. :)