Gluten free chocolate chip cookies that turn out just like real ones?
Soft and chewy, check.
Look pretty, check.
Still soft and chewy the next day, check.
Work every time, check.
Since I started eating gluten free I've been trying gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipes and failing. I tried making up gluten free versions of regular chocolate chip cookies and failed. I tried making up my own gluten free recipes and failed.
But this time I got it right.
Oh, how amazing it feels to make a good batch of chocolate chip cookies again!
The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Heat water in microwave for about twenty seconds. Add flaxmeal to it and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Meanwhile, combine rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the softened butter and sugars.
- Add to the butter/sugar mixture the flax-egg and the vanilla and combine.
- Dump the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out onto baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
There you have it - a gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe that actually works!