I made these chickpea meatballs a couple of weeks ago, and they turned out great. They were so good, in fact, that I have been craving them the past few days.
- 2 Cups Chickpeas
- 1/3 Cup Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- 3 Tablespoons Hot Water
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 8 cranks freshly ground black pepper (or really, however much you'd like)
- Heat the water and add the ground flaxseed to it. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender, pulse chickpeas until small crumbs form (almost fine).
- Mince the garlic.
- Add the chickpeas, flax-egg, garlic and the remaining ingredients to a big bowl and mix until combined.
- Shape into 2 Tablespoon size balls of dough and set on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until slightly browned. Serve with sauce on spaghetti, and enjoy!
Adapted from this recipe.