Love ice cream with your cake? How about cake with your ice cream, with this easy homemade chocolate cake ice cream!
This vanilla ice cream has cake mixed all throughout it, giving it a great texture and flavor. And it is super easy, too, using only a few ingredients and being made without an ice cream maker!
Homemade Chocolate Cake Ice Cream
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 (14 oz.) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Salt
- 1/2 (8x8 inch) Chocolate Cake
- Chop about half of the cake into bite size pieces and freeze. Crumble the other half and let sit.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or a large bowl with hand mixer) add the heavy whipping cream. Beat until peaks form.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and a dash of salt. Slowly add in while mixing.
- Add frozen cake pieces, cake crumbles, and sprinkles to the ice cream. Fold in gently.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container with a lid and freeze for at least 6 hours, or until firm.