Easter is just around the corner, but it's not too late to add these Easter Bunny Buddies to your menu! This is a simple recipe that can be made on the day of, or before, and it has three times the chocolate deliciousness of your average puppy chow!
And not only are these Easter bunny buddies filled with chocolate, but there are sprinkles, too! This treat is colorful, fun, and perfect for spring!
Easter Bunny Buddies
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Easter Sixlets
- 3/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 Cups Rice Chex
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Melt the milk chocolate chips in the microwave, running it for 20 seconds at a time and stirring to keep from burning the chocolate.
- On a small piece of parchment paper, spread out the chocolate into a thin layer. Sprinkle it generously and place it in the fridge until hardened. Once hard, break or chop into small pieces.
- In a medium size microwave safe bowl, combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter. Microwave 20 seconds at a time, stirring, until melted.
- Add the vanilla and a dash of salt and stir. Then stir in the Chex cereal.
- Add the powdered sugar and stir or shake in a bag until evenly coated.
- Add in the chocolate bark and Sixlets and stir them in. Eat now or save for later in a covered container.