Do you love cinnamon rolls, but are in the mood to try something different? If so, then these Gluten Free S'mores "Cinnamon" Rolls are just what you need!
These "cinnamon" rolls contain no cinnamon, but are instead filled with a chocolate butter and sugar and are topped with marshmallows and chocolate frosting. They are everything that a good cinnamon roll should be and s'more.
How good do these look?!
These "cinnamon" rolls are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. They are the perfect breakfast treat, or a great dessert for any time of the day!
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup of warm Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Yeast
- 1 Flax-Egg (3 Tablespoons Water and 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal)
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Corn Starch
- 2 Teaspoons Xantham Gum
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare flax-egg (directions on side of blog.)
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened butter and sugar.
- Heat your milk, not too hot but warm enough to activate yeast, and add in the yeast. Whisk together until dissolved.
- Add the milk/yeast mixture to the sugar and stir together. Add the egg (or flaxegg), oil and vanilla, and mix again.
- Add all of the dry ingredients and mix well to combine, removing all lumps (expect the dough to be pretty soft).
- Sprinkle a big sheet of plastic wrap with sugar and plop dough out onto it. Add a second layer of plastic wrap and roll dough out between them, making roughly a 13" by 13" square.
- Make your filling by combining softened butter and cocoa powder. Spread over the dough, and then sprinkle on the sugars.
- Lift up an edge of the plastic wrap to help you and roll the dough. Cut with a knife and place in a greased pan (I usually bake mine in a 9x13 and they all fit).
- Bake for about 20 minutes (until tops are lightly browned.)
- Top with marshmallows immediately. Drizzle frosting over tops.
- 1/4 Cup Butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown sugar
- Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 Bag Mini Marshmallows (use Dandies if Vegan)
Linking up to Allergy Free Thursdays.