Donut muffins with sprinkles. Does it get any more kid-friendly (and kid-at-heart friendly) than this?
I couldn't wait to share these with you, so I'm putting the recipe on the blog now.
Try these moist, little donut muffins, and you will want to make them for breakfast every day! They are delicious little bites, and they are perfect for sharing with your friends or family, or eating all by yourself.
Gluten Free Mini Birthday Cake Donut Muffins
- 1 Flax-Egg (2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal, 6 Tablespoons Water)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
- 2 Tablespoons Cup Oil
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare flax-eggs (directions on side of blog.)
- In a medium bowl, combine rice flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt with a whisk.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, oil, and sugars. Beat with a wooden spoon.
- Beat in half of the flax-egg. Then add the other half and stir in again.
- Add the vanilla and beat once more.
- Add one third of the flour mixture and stir just until combed, being careful not to over-mix. Add half of the milk and do the same. Repeat, ending with the flour and being careful not to mix too much.
- Fold in sprinkles.
- Scoop into a mini muffin tin that is greased or lined with 24 paper wrappers. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool, then prepare a simple glaze (recipe for the glaze here) and coat muffins (removing wrappers first if you used them.) Dip a second time. Allow to dry, then eat.