Do you love sprinkles? Do you love shortbread? If so, then you will love these gluten free birthday cake shortbread bars!
These bars melt in your mouth. They are delicate, buttery and filled with colorful sprinkles. Does it get any better than this?
Gluten Free Birthday Cake Shortbread Bars
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the butter and sugar into the bowl of your mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and salt to the butter mixture and beat again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the rice flour, cornstarch and xanthan gum.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until combined. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and pat the dough into it.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until edges have turned slightly brown.
- Cool slightly, remove from pan, and cut into squares.