Bananas are one of my favorite items to bake with (chocolate taking the top place, of course) and when I noticed some ripe bananas sitting on the counter one day I knew that I had to get to baking with them. I considered going ahead and making the banana chocolate chip cake that is one of the best things on the planet (it combines banana and chocolate chips, how could it not be?) but I knew that I should probably try a new recipe instead.
And now I have another great recipe to go to when I have ripe bananas to work with! This bread is super most, and packed with great banana flavor, making it the perfect bread for every banana lover.
Doesn't it look good enough to eat?
Gluten Free Moist Banana Bread
- 3 Tablespoons Water, hot
- 1 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 3 medium Bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the water and add the flaxseed meal to it. Set aside for ten minutes.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together the butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add the flaxseed mixture and sour cream and beat again.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and beat. Add the mashed banana, beat, then add the other half of the dry ingredients and beat once more, about 30 seconds.
- Grease a 9x5 inch pan and bake for 40 to 50 to minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Linking up to Allergy Free Thursdays.