For as long as I can remember, my family has been making these coconut joy candies at Christmastime. We've always been big on making treats at that time of year, and my brother and I used to always make these together. They are buttery and rich with just the right amount of coconut and chocolate flavor.
Now that I'm older, and no longer eat coconut, I haven't made these in a while. But they are still a great recipe, and anyone who enjoys coconut is going to love them! Make them for the holidays, or make them any other time of the year. You and your family will like these special treats, no matter when you have them.
- 1 1/2 Cup Coconut
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips
- In a medium size bowl, add coconut, powdered sugar and melted butter. Stir together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop small amounts of coconut mixture into the hand. Roll into balls, making an indent in the center of each.
- Melt chocolate chips and add a bit to the center of each candy.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.