This thin chocolate cake is coated with a unique frosting made from milk duds. It is a delicious blend of caramel and chocolate, and the perfect dessert to make for any milk dud lover.
This cake is fairly simple to throw together, and the results are something great. Just look at it for yourself, and you will be tempted to get baking right now!
Gluten Free Milk Dud Texas Sheet Cake
- 3 Tablespoons water, hot
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 2/3 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Water, boiling
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk (if you don't have any use 1/2 teaspoon vinegar and the rest milk, let sit 5 minutes)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Heat 3 Tablespoons of water about 20 seconds in the microwave and add the flaxseed meal to it, setting aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, sugar and salt.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and whisk in the cocoa powder. Add the boiling water and stir, boiling, for 30 seconds.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture and stir a bit.
- Add the vanilla, buttermilk and baking soda to the flax-egg and combine. Add it to the chocolate/flour mixture and mix it all together.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk Duds
- 2 Heavy Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Melt the butter and milk duds together in a saucepan, stirring.
- Remove from heat and add the heavy cream and mix together.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar and stir until well combined.
- Pour over the cake while the cake is still warm.