When I first decided to throw these together I admit that I had doubts in my mind. I love brownies. They are one of my favorite desserts. And I didn't think that they could get any better than they already were. But I was proven wrong.
I can't imagine anything more decadent than these brownies.
They are gooey, caremly, chocolately, rich and delicious. It almost feels bad to eat one. And so good.
Oh, so good.
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons Water, hot
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 Cup Caramel Bits
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the water and add the flaxseed meal to it, letting it sit for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl measure the sugars, cocoa, brown rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Fold in the caramel bits and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread thick batter into a greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and drizzle over the brownies before serving.