I have been having fun experimenting with different dishes these past several months and happened upon an amazing, easy Alfredo sauce, which is the base for this dish. I added in some spinach and chickpeas, and here it is!
Gluten Free Spinach and Chickpea Alfredo
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Grated Parmassen Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- A couple handfuls of Spinach
- 1 Cup Chickpeas
- 8 Ounces Gluten Free Pasta
- Boil water for pasta and make according to directions
- In a small saucepan heat the butter and heavy cream, until the butter is melted.
- Grate the cheese and add it to the butter/cream mixture. Stir until melted and add in some salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat the chickpeas in the microwave, about one minute.
- Drain noodles and add back to pot. Add in a couple of handfuls of spinach, chickpeas and sauce. Stir until the spinach is slightly wilted. Enjoy.
Adapted from this recipe.